How to Better Market your Business Online
Having your business listed on some of the free and very influential websites will help you to create an online presence of your business.
Online review sites, social media websites are important not just for driving traffic and sales, but also for your web presence and reputation.
Google Business, Yelp, and Yahoo Local
- Create a Google My Business page:This listing will get your business on Google Search, Maps and Google+ and enable customers to review your business. Local business reviews tend to receive high rankings in the search results.
- Create a listing on Yelp:As the biggest online review site, creating a Yelp listing is definitely worth the effort. This step will get you in front of the platform’s more than 140 million monthly visitors.
- Create a Yahoo Local page:Yahoo offers local businesses the opportunity to get a basic business listing in its directory for free. Listings are integrated with other Yahoo products like reviews, maps and events.
Don’t forget Social Media
- Create Facebook, Twitter and Facebook accounts. On those pages you can Use images to offer discounts or coupon codes. It is a great, non-threatening way to promote your products without being too “salesy.”
- Promote a free consultation to your followers and visitors: Reduce the risk your prospects feel intruded by offering a risk-free consultation on your website and then post in on social media channels.
- Monitor brand mentions:Use a social listening tool like Social Mention to monitor and contribute to conversations happening in your niche.
- Contribute guest posts to a well-known industry site:A well writte. Blog posts on the topic that you know well in your business area and with a well written about author page, that provides links back to your website, will build business exposure and trust.
- Don’t forget your own blog posts. By Installing a free social sharing plugin on your siteUsing a free WordPress plugin like Share Buttons ensures all your blog content can be easily shared by your readers.
- Comment thoughtfully on blogs in your business category: It’s perfectly acceptable to leave your website URL in the appropriate field, just be sure to use your real name or business name, not keyword-rich anchor text.
Other Channels To Get your business seen
- Join relevant industry forums and respond to questions with helpful advice: Make meaningful contributions to conversions to capture the attention of other readers.
- Answer questions on a Q&A site like Quora:These sites consist of real people looking for answers to questions. Search the site for relevant questions you can answer intelligently.
Marketing your business on the web has leveled the playing field significantly. Even the smallest businesses can now compete and be seen on the same level as big brand names. Hopefully, by using some of these pointer will increase your business presence.